Unless you watched the podcast sometime today, this might not look familiar… and even if you did, you might not be able to see what went wrong.
I was on a webinar tonight at work and was knitting happily on the body of my Owls sweater and was getting to the last set of decreases when I realized the math wasn’t going to work. Ummmm… I re-read the pattern and realized that I had only been doing two decreases on the back instead of four. Damn. I tried dropping down and seeing what would happen, but that didn’t work, obviously. The stitches were way too loose in that area.
I decided that the best thing to do would be to rip back, so I spent the last half hour of the webinar ripping back and getting the stitches back on the huge US10.5 needles. It’s back on the needles and happy again – with the correct number of decreases in the one decrease row so far. That’s what I get about being cocky about knitting a sweater in a bulky weight yarn. I am confident, however, that I’ll be at least on the sleeve by the next time I record. (Setting expectations low, heh.)
About recording, I still haven’t decided when I’m going to record next week. I’m headed up to PA in the second half of the week to spend some time with a friend and see a concert. Wednesday will probably work best, but if I’m too busy running around getting things done, I might try to record up there. If not, I’ll record on Sunday when I get home. Either way, I’ll tweet and plurk about it before I record.
Okay, procrastination time over. Must get back to work and knit up what I ripped out. 🙂