Hi everyone! So, this week’s episode is up a little late due to a scheduled day off (I recorded much earlier) and technical issues. Sorry for the delay! I got a few messages last week about the high-pitched buzzing and as I listened to this week’s episode, there’s some in there as well, though not as much (I don’t think, at least). I tried to lessen the buzzing as much as I could, even going to cutting some of the long pauses out when it was at its worst, so there are some jumpy cuts in there – all I cut out was pausing and a couple of “um”s. Lots of knitting was accomplished this week – hooray! – and, as you can tell by the title, a lot of it was done with help from the Doctor.
- Owls sweater by Kate Davies. Lots of progress has been made – I’ve joined both sleeves to the body and have started the first row of the owls chart. Hooray! How did I get this far? Lots of watching of the good Doctor. I finished Season Two Saturday night after completing one project (more on that later) and one sleeve. I’m still a little nervous about the amount of yarn… while I show that I really should have enough, it would be just enough.
- Simple Stripey Socks. I’ve made some more progress on these with lots of podcast watching and nighttime knitting. I’m two stripes away from inserting the yarn for my afterthought heel, which should be done in the next day or so, depending on if I get knitting time.
- Franken-Buckingham-Hat. Woot!! This got finished, finally! I made up the decreases as I went along – I’m not sure if I like ’em, but we’ll see. They work, and that’s a good thing. This will probably still be too big for my guy’s head, but whatever. It’s done and I’m happy. If I could sort out those decreases and make them look better, I wonder if the world needs a K13, P3 hat? Still thinking about this one.
- Book review of knitbot essentials. All in all, I’m not a fan. Mostly because the patterns are all available on Ravelry individually and they mostly are written for the very small. Most of the patterns go up to a 50″ bust, but in most cases it’s a case of “just ’cause you can, doesn’t mean you should.”
What’s Making Me Happy
- Date nights with my closest friends – especially when they involve musical theatre! One of my friends and I saw “Dreamgirls” at Signature Theatre here in town. AMAZING! If you’re ever in the DC area and want to see some wonderful theater, you must visit here.
- I ❤ my Tivo something fierce. Having lived without it for over a year, I’m so looking forward to hooking it up again and being able to watch Netflix on my TV instead of my computer screen. It’ll be even better when I can use it for my cable box too…
- Thank you for all the kind words and all the hellos I got at fibre space’s Black Friday sale! I had so much fun keeping the line “managed” (because, really, there wasn’t too much to manage – most people were in really great moods and pretty relaxed) and giving away prizes!
Have a great week, everyone! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, if you celebrated. 🙂 Don’t forget to join the Rav group, if you haven’t already. I’ll see you all next week!