Okay, so it seems that I really have no sense of time and while it seemed like it was a shorter episode, I just can’t shut up! 😉 (Perhaps I should be glad that I can keep it under an hour, huh?) It looks like there are some lighting issues and a sound issue where I develop a lovely tenor and the sound doesn’t match up with the recording. Unfortunately, that was in the original and I don’t know if I can recreate the quiet. Sorry! 😦
Welcome to all the people who have joined the group on Ravelry! I’ve gotten a lot of love and advice from you… Also, welcome to all the Plurkers out there who welcomed me with open arms this past week. Y’all know how to make a girl feel special!
No changes this week. 😦
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks – Socktober FAIL. I so wanted to finish these by the 31st, but life got in the way. These were the only things I worked on while in PA this past week, though. I’ve only got an inch or so more to knit before starting the toe. These WILL be finished by next week, if it kills me!
- Owls sweater – despite the ripping back and reknitting, no further progress was made on this over the week. I’m hoping to get back to it next week.
Nothing to show. Next week, there will be!
Scouting Reports/New to the Queue and Stash
I visited the Yarn Garden in Carlisle, PA on my way home this weekend and had a lovely conversation about spinning with the person there… and perhaps did some damage.
- Madeline Tosh Pashmina in Smokey Orchid… mmmm, soft!
- Pagewood Farms Denali in Army Girl
- Blue Sky Alpaca Buckingham Hat kit in Antique Black
- Blue Sky Alpaca Countess Mitts kit in Pewter
Upon getting home, I saw that I had a package waiting for me from Yarn vs Zombies (I love international packages!).
- Ominous (50% Superwash/50% Silk) in Mermaid Nightmares
- Haunted (80% Merino/20% Nylon) in Lady Grantham
- Haunted (80% Merino/20% Nylon) in Wallaby Dreaming
… And another package was waiting inside from Unwind:
- Handdyed Polwarth roving in Driving to SAFF
- Twinkle sock yarn in Aurora Borealis
- Journey sock in Ghoulish Halloween 2012
I love good stash enhancement weeks.
Scouting Report/Book & Magazine Review
Interweave Knits Jane Austen Knits Fall 2012. Love, love, love. (I’ve linked to the digital version.)
What’s Making Me Happy
- I’m on iTunes – and subscribable! WOOT!!
- Plurkers – y’all are so great! Thank you for welcoming me with open arms – so, so happy!
- Gingercrack is back at Starbucks. ‘Nuff said. OMG, so good.
- My guy and I went to see Aimee Mann in York, PA on Friday. The concert was AWESOME. I’m still on a high from that night. 🙂
Rest of the Week
It’s been a roller coaster of a week. If you were in the path of Hurricane Sandy, I hope that you are safe and with your family. You are in my thoughts.
If you’d like more information about Three Irish Girls’ upcoming move and fundraising, click here.
Have a great week!