Hello, all! It’s been a week (well, it was when I recorded, haha) and while not all of it has been good, I had an AWESOME mail week. I wax poetic about Highland Handmades and Fibernymph Dye Works, show off the MadTosh, and show the adventures in spinning (which haven’t all been bad). There hasn’t been a whole lot of production this week, due to work and migraines sidelining me, but what has been worked on has gotten a lot of love! There are a couple of jumps in the recording – the first one was because I went off on some tangent that made no sense whatsoever and the second was due to George deciding that he needed to love on the laptop/tell me to get my butt to bed.
- Owls sweater by Kate Davies. Tons of progress was made this past week – I am past the Owls chart and am ready to begin the second set of yoke decreases. And here I sit. I realized, as I was knitting on this, that I am going to run out of yarn and soon. 😦 So, this will be put aside until I can get a skein in a Rav destash. I’ve found someone who was selling 2 skeins, but those were sold quickly, and I’ve found .25 of a skein, but I think I’m going to need at least half of a skein to finish. sigh. My goal for this week is to get what I have photographed and the project up on Rav to remind myself to finish it!
- Simple, Stripey Socks. Not much progress was made, maybe 3 more rows, all while getting a pedicure on Sunday. The people at my nail salon are always interested in what I’m knitting, which is nice. Since I’m going away this week, I think it’ll get some more work on it, since it’s a simple stockinette stitch sock that can’t really be screwed up! 🙂
Scouting Report – Upcoming Patterns
Scouting Report – Stash Enhancement
It’s been a damn good mail week. At one point, my mother suggested that perhaps I may have gone a little overboard in my spending, but to be fair, I only made three purchases that month of the items that arrived…
- Magnolia Society – 1st package: 8 skeins of Madeline Tosh DK Twist in Tart. I believe that this will be used for Célia, I’m winding a skein up today and swatching for it during tonight’s webinar.
- Highland Handmades Small Business Saturday Sale: 1 skein of Sugar Maple Sock in the Prospecting colorway (75% SW Merino/25% Nylon); 1 skein of Black Cherry Lace in the Frost colorway; and a top whorl spindle. Heather also included some sample fiber in my package so I wouldn’t have to break into my stash. Love.
- Fibernymph Dye Works Small Business Saturday update: 1 skein of Heavenly in the Marmaris SS colorway (80/10/10 MCN); 1 skein of Sunshine in the Colors of Venice (Sept. 2012 Unclub) colorway; and 1 braid of BFL in the Colors of Venice colorway.
- Rav destash from usedtobe35: 2 braids of Three Irish Girls Springvale Roving in the Sandpiper and Three Mile Bay colorways.
- Woolgirl Once Upon a Time yarn club: I’d forgotten about this one! 1 skein of Becoming Art’s Theia in Peter Pan, a handmade soap, patterns, stitch marker, notions case, key chain/bag fob, and a project bag! Woot!
I need a good name for this section and better placement in the podcast. Thoughts?
- I started by using my Ashford spindle (heavy) and a braid of fiber from SweetGeorgia. I love the colors, the fiber is easy to handle once I predraft it, and I don’t hate the singles. It’s not pretty, but it’s mine. 🙂
- I used my new spindle from Highland Handmades and the sample fiber she sent to see what the difference is… I love the lighter spindle, I feel like I have more control. I’m still parking and drafting, but I don’t mind.
What’s Making Me Happy
- If you are in or around the Columbus area, you know of this. Hell, if you’ve just traveled there, you know of this, but if not… Jeni’s Ice Cream. LOVE. I was just asked to visit the local Whole Paycheck and bring a couple pints down with me tomorrow – you don’t say no to a pregnant woman. Not when it comes to ice cream. Haven’t tried it? You must. Yes, it’s expensive, but worth EVERY penny. The flavor combinations are odd and perfect.
- Travelling! I’m heading southward tomorrow to see my best friend and other friends for a weekend of fun and stupidity. I. CANNOT. WAIT.
- Spending quality time with loved ones. I’ve been spending lots of time with my parents and a few friends lately and it’s done my heart good. I can’t wait for more of that this weekend.
- Teaching. Love, love, love. I love seeing when someone gets that moment of clarity while learning and gets excited about understanding what’s going on. There are few things that make me happier.
Have a great week, everyone! If you haven’t already, join the Rav group and share what’s going on and what you think about the episodes, because I love feedback.
I’ll see you next week!