Hello, everyone! Wow, it’s been 2.5 weeks since I last recorded – bad podcaster, no cookie! It’s been a busy couple of weeks since my mini-vacation, almost no knitting was done, but lots of fun was had – even if re-entry into Real Life was hard. Now that I’ve had a chance to knit, I want to knit ALL THE THINGS, heh. I’ve noticed that the high pitched sound is back in this episode, I’m not quite sure why. Also, you may hear the heating kick on – I didn’t realize just how loud that is back there. We’re up to 61 members in the Ravelry group! I am astonished. 🙂 Thanks for all the support!
- Unnamed Slouchy Hat – my own design. I’m actually in the home stretch of this one – I just need to decide whether I’m going to knit for an inch more or just decide on the decreases. This is being knit out of SpaceCadet Creations Lucina yarn in the Pirate colorway on Addi Turbo US2 (3.0 mm needles). I’m still trying to figure out what makes the colorway so pirate-y, but whatever. The yarn isn’t my favorite to work with, but it’s not awful. I forgot to mention during taping that it’s actually from my stash. I know! Weird. 😉 The hat is a little snugger than I meant for it to be, but I’m going with it. I’ll either block the hell out of it or just leave it as is. I’m planning on writing this up and getting a few people to test it, then I’ll put it up on Ravelry as a free pattern.
- Célia by Ariane Caron-Lacoste. Swatches have been knit and I have cast on… hopefully, there will be progress on this in the coming week! I’m using the MadTosh Twist DK in the Tart colorway on US5 (3.75 mm) Addi Turbo Lace needles.
- Simple, Stripey Socks. Finally done! They’ve actually been done for a while now, but I wanted to show them off to y’all before I wore them. 🙂 My standard vanilla sock pattern, with afterthought heels on two US1 (2.5 mm) Addi Turbo Lace needles.
- Tabata Mitts by Anne Hanson. I need a pair of fingerless mitts, since I can’t find any of mine and these will work up quickly. Knitting them out of Berroco Vintage DK in the 2177 colorway.
- Breakwater by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. I was inspired to make one after seeing oohfancypants‘s version.
- Narragansett by Thea Colman. I’m working my way through the Knitting in Circles podcast and have fallen in love with Aimee’s version.
- Mystery cowl of my own design. I’ll be working on getting this out in the next couple of weeks. I’ll be looking for test knitters, too. 🙂
Holding the Stick
Thanks for the suggestions for the new segment! I love this! I’ve plied the mystery fiber from Highland Handmades and LOVE it. It’s the first time I’ve attempted plying yarn and I love the finished product. It’s not perfect – definitely overspun and thick and thin, but it’s mine. 🙂 I haven’t touched the other spindle, but I’ll work on that to get it done.
What’s Making Me Happy
- NOT the NHL. All I want for Christmas is the CBA in place… it’s not going to happen. HOWEVER, some of the Caps have stayed in the states and rented ice time at their practice rink on Friday and scrimmaged with some collegiate players. Awesome. Also, Matt Hendricks has been overseas with the USO with the troops and tweeting about it. Awesome. I love these guys.
- CHRISTMAS!! It’s my favorite holiday – one of the most magical. I’ve been baking, watching Christmas movies… life has been good.
- Thank you to MaryBeth143 for the RAP of the Don’t Cage Me In Socks by Heather Kinne of Highland Handmades. I love it!
- Happy birthdays go out to the following group members: Drewstiffer (12/7), craftydebbi (12/10), Lorilou7 (12/20), MollyOMali (12/26), and oohfancypants (12/31). I hope you all had/have a wonderful birthday!!
Have a great week! If you celebrate, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I’m hoping to record next weekend – so I’ll see you then!