Hi everyone! It’s been a week around here… if you know what I mean. I made time to record yesterday morning, but didn’t get around to editing until last night. It took a while to render out. Oh well. I’m going through a slightly different editing process, so let me know if you see anything weird happen. Also, I’ve added photos to the end of the Current Roster projects… What do you think? Should I do something like this each week?
- Célia by Arianne Caron-Lacoste. Not a lot of progress was made on this this week… but for once, it’s not completely my fault. I mean, yes, I didn’t really work on it this week, but when I did, my Hiya-Hiya Sharps came apart in my hand. It’s on waste yarn right now. I’ll get around to getting a replacement needle tonight or this weekend. On the bright side, it fits as it should. It’s going to be big and slouchy – and I’m ok with that.
- Celestarium by Audry Nicklin. This did not get touched at all this week. I just haven’t had the time or the inclination to work on it. I do need to get back to working on it, though!
- Simple Stripey Socks… Again. This definitely got the most work this week – I am past the heel and knitting happily along the foot.
So my friend Michelle and I drove down to Richmond, VA to visit a yarn shop in that area, The Yarn Lounge. I thought about taking video there, but I didn’t know how it’d go over, so I decided not to. I did, however, get a few small lovelies:
- Malabrigo Arroyo in the Pocion colorway. Love this, but I need to find a purpose for it. I’m thinking a hat, perhaps?
- A new to me yarn from Honeybee Yarns (I’m not sure if that’s right, but it’s not on the tag, so I’ll have to check my receipt) – it’s a fingerweight superwash merino… I’m thinking that these will possibly be cable-y sock goodness.
- The newest (and limited edition) scent of Eucalan, Wrapture. It’s scented with one of my all time favorite smells, night blooming jasmine. Happy!! 🙂
What’s Making Me Happy
Happy birthday to all the January Rav group members! (I don’t have my list in front of me today, but when I do, I’ll update it!)
Happy 200th Anniversary to Pride and Prejudice! One of my all time favorite books. For an awesome, modern day adaptation, try watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries on YouTube. Awesomeness. (The link leads to a playlist for the first 10 episodes.)
Have a great week, everyone! I’m off to get some work done… and some knitting done. 🙂