I hope you have had a great week – mine has been busy, so there’s not much in the way of progress… but there has been stash enhancement. Because… pretty! (Yes, I’m weak. But I’m supporting small businesses, so it’s okay. Right??)
- Célia by Arianne Caron-Lacoste. Hooray, the replacement needle arrived and I finally got to work on it on Monday! (Yes, I splurged on a pair of Signature Needles… I totally want more!) I literally have one more set of increases before separating the sleeves from the body. Hopefully, this will help the sweater go faster. It should, I’ll be removing 186 stitches from the body. I really want this sweater to be done, for a few different reasons. 😉
- Simple Stripey (Hockey) Socks. These got the most love this past week, mostly because they’re small and I took these to all my classes this week… which resulted in a HO! Woot! I’m past the heel placement on the second sock, so I should have a finished pair of socks next week… if Célia doesn’t distract me. Heh.
- Celestarium by Audry Nicklin. I’ve only worked a row on it this week. I need to get back to it, it’s so darn pretty!
- Three new bags in lovely geeky fabric by Stitched by JessaLu! OMG, the fabric is awesome – she pairs fabrics so well and her finishing is divine. She has a lot of bags up at any given time – and she’s got fab taste in fabric! The custom fabric she uses comes from Spoonflower – so you know they’re fun. (Ummmmm… SPACEBALLS. SHE HAS SPACEBALLS FABRIC. I’m tempted to go to Spoonflower and just buy the fabric to have. I’m just sayin’.)
- A very cute wedge bag from Bird Leg Bags on Etsy. So cute! It even came with a hook to hang it from your jeans so you can knit while teaching… oh wait, that’s me. 🙂
- I may have managed to hit a Highland Handmades update right after it went live… and I behaved myself. (I know, amazing, right?!) I only came away with a braid of the mixed BFL and her Silver Maple Sock in New Suit colorway.
- My second shipment of the Cloudlover Fiber Club came in – a braid of Shetland in the Cerise colorway. I really need to start spinning!
- My second shipment of yarn from the Magnolia Society Sweater Club came! It’s 9 skeins of Madeline Tosh 80/10/10 Worsted in Whiskey Barrel. LOVE. It’s a dark grey with brown, blue, green undertones. I need a pattern for this. (Though I may have a few choices. Must check on yardage…) I am not casting on for another sweater until I’ve finished Célia. That’s what I’m going to continue to tell myself.
- My final shipment of the Woolgirl Fairy Tales sock club came! The theme this month is Snow White and the yarn is a perfect match to Snow’s dress. Cabled socks? Socks I design? Hmmmm, I’ll have to give this some thought. The yarn is String Theory Caper Sock – a yarn I’ve never used. I’m excited to play with it.
What’s Making Me Happy
- Signature Needles – LOVE the fact that I ordered my replacement needles on Thursday afternoon and received them on Monday. Awesome service.
- I know there were other things, but I’ve forgotten about them. Oops!
Have a great week everyone!