Hello everyone! It’s been too long – again – but here I am! 🙂 It’s been a hell of a couple weeks, it’s not like it’s even going to get any easier, but I needed to talk to y’all! How have you been?? Me, well, work and teaching have been taking up all of my time lately, but I’m not really complaining. It just sounds that way. On the bright side, I’ve started a new design – which you get a sneak peek of! 🙂 So, let’s jump in and get started…
- Célia by Arianne Caron-Lacoste. This hasn’t been worked on at all this week. I only showed it because I know that CronicKnitter needs her gorgeous red fix! 😉 I do need to get some time logged on it though…
- Celestarium by Audry Nicklin. This has actually gotten some work on it this week. Surprisingly, it was the perfect thing to work on while teaching – lots of stockinette with just a few decreases/YOs/beading, super easy to work on.
- Doctor Who Inspired Socks by me! A new design, inspired by the gorgeous String Theory Hand Dyes in the Snow White’s Dress colorway, which I think is a perfect TARDIS blue. The name will be announced when the pattern is ready and will be an homage to the Tenth Doctor. I’m knitting them toe-up, with a reverse heel flap, using my new Knitters Pride Karbonz needles in US1/2.25mm.
- Simple Stripey (Hockey) Socks. Done, done, done! They even have ends woven in and everything! WOOT!
- Next up will the Bowties are Cool socks by Mandie Harrington. It’s a free pattern on Ravelry and I’ll be knitting it out of The Uncommon Thread BFL Sock in the Debauchery colorway. I’m not working on these until March – that’s when the Knitting in Circles Pop Culture KAL will start!
- I finally got my skein of Trailing Clouds Bluefaced Leicester Self Striping yarn in the Mind the Gap colorway. Oh my goodness! LOVE!
What’s Making Me Happy
- Knitters/crocheters/spinners really are the best people in the world. Thank you for your concern on the two week break and for your awesome Plurks when I wasn’t feeling my best.
- I’ll get to do a little travel for work in a few weeks – just up to Atlantic City – but I’m planning on recording while I’m there. It doesn’t look like there are any LYS’s where I’ll be – since I’m taking the train up and won’t have access to a car. (Mom, you should be happy about that one, right? Hahaha!)
- RAP Tuesdays. I’ve taken part the past couple of Tuesdays and oh my goodness – there’s nothing like the feeling of happiness you get when you get those emails saying you made their day. 🙂 I may have been a little misty over a couple of them.
That’s about it for this week… There were a few tangents taken that I just can’t remember 24 hours later, heh. Have a great week, everyone!