Hey everyone! Hope y’all have had a great week – mine has been stressful, but hopefully, it’ll ease up soon. This week we have two special guest appearances: my parents’ cat Jimmy and George decides to make a cameo – to remind everyone that he’s really the star of the podcast. 😉 Thanks so much for the suggestions and feedback – I’m always looking for more! A few of you have told me that you want to see me do more reviews and tutorials, so what would you like to see? Would you want them in separate “specials” episodes?
- Célia by Arianne Caron-Lacoste. This has gotten a little work on it this past week – I’m almost done with the straight rows, so I’ll be working on some shaping soon… It’ll be coming with me on my work trip next week, so there may be some train knitting in my future.
- Celestarium by Audry Nicklin. Yeah, this is still in the same spot as it has been.
- Doctor Who Inspired Socks by me! I am working on the heel of this one, which hasn’t been the easiest. It’s a gusset/heel flap heel and trying to get the numbers to work has not been easy. I’m playing with it and as soon as I can work through it successfully, I’ll write up what I have and send it to the people who have generously offered to test knit it. (LOVE y’all!)
- Bowties are Cool by Mandie Harrington. I am knitting on these for the Knitting in Circles March Pop Culture Madness knitalong. Of course they’re pop culture – they were inspired by the Doctor! I am knitting these out of The Uncommon Thread’s BFL Sock in the Debauchery colorway. Yes, another red. What? This Doctor wears a red bowtie.
It’s been so long since I’ve had anything to talk about here! I am working on some mixed BFL from Highland Handmades, which is lovely. My spinning is not doing it justice, but I am determined.
- I managed to score some delightful yarn from Hiwassee Creek Dyeworks. Yeah, two Sassafras Sock skeins in Rainbow Brite and a white/grey mix came my way… also a skein of her MCN in Driftwood. LOVE LOVE LOVE.
- My last shipment in the Cloudlover fiber club came – it’s gorgeous, but I really need to learn to spin well first. I may have a small problem with fiber.
What’s Making Me Happy
- I’ve been doing a lot of teaching recently and I’ve got to say, that I’ve been really happy with that.
- I’m looking forward to my two upcoming work trips – nowhere fancy, just Atlantic City… but there are no yarn stores in Atlantic City!! BOOO!
Have a great week, everyone! The next time I see you, I’ll probably be in Atlantic City… in a REALLY tacky hotel. LOL!