Hey there, everyone! So, it’s been a few days since I last recorded (a couple of weeks??)… and there’s just not a lot of knitting content going on around these parts lately. I’ve been good and trying to get a couple finishing projects done – even if I’m not a fan of the yarn. *sigh* I keep going by reminding myself that the sooner I get this sweater done, the sooner I can get back to my stuff!
- Celestarium by Audry Nicklin. No, no work has been done on this, but I decided to show it anyway… Maybe it’ll kick start me into actually working on it? (Yes, Elspeth, I know, I know. We can keep each other going – if only I pick it up again.) Knit out of Skein Top Draw Sock, which is 100% BFL, in the Pearl colorway. I wonder where those other two skeins have gotten to?? Hmmm…
- Bowties are Cool Socks by Mandie Harrington. After not knowing where it was for the last episode, I found it in the car. In the passenger seat. Yeah, I’m not quite sure how that happened, either. Or how I missed it when I was looking for it. (Hey, I have a Car Stash, after all!) I had no clue what it was knit out of when I recorded, but I found the info in my show notes from Episode 14! Yay, show notes! These are being knit out of The Uncommon Thread’s BFL sock in the Debauchery colorway. This is the yarn that had a knot almost dead center in the skein, so it’s been wound into two separate balls… the downside? I can’t find the second ball. Oops.
- Allons-y! Socks by me. (No, there’s not a Rav link yet – soon!) If you haven’t guessed, these are the Doctor Who Inspired Socks from Episode 14. I’ve been working on writing the pattern, so keep an eye out for the test knitter thread to go up on the Rav group – once it’s up, it means it’ll go out to test knitters immediately! I’ve got two people who have volunteered to knit it already, but I know that a few of you out there are also interested – which is really very sweet and extremely humbling. 🙂 I really big-puffy-heart y’all. The first sock is finished and the second is cast-on… I have a HO! WOOT!!
Injured Reserve (IR)
- Célia by Arianne Caron-Lacoste. I really want to love this sweater and I think I will… eventually. I decided that because it’s such a slog lately, that it’s just not worth knitting it right now, so it’s gone into hibernation and will come back out at some point. I love the yarn, MadTosh Twist DK in Tart, but that’s not even keeping my interest. *sigh* I’m trying not to feel guilty about not finishing it, but I need something that will keep me interested.
Scouting Report: Reviews!
- The new Interweave Knits (Summer 2013)… Love the top on the cover – HATE the finishing. HATE, HATE, HATE. It looks sloppy. I know they’re going for “deconstructed”, but when you backstitch the pieces together and have the raw edges – with yarn carried up them – showing, I hate it. That being said, I am thinking about knitting it – but I’ll do a simple mattress stitch to seam it up – and I will love it. I hope. That’s pretty much it in the magazine. The lace motifs article is well-written and interesting, but the designs are just kind of meh.
- Burr by Veronik Avery for Brooklyn Tweed. I’m working on this for a finishing project. I’m currently working on the shawl collar/buttonband, using Brooklyn Tweed Loft, held double. On US5s. My hands are not happy at all. However, my Netflix queue is loving it. The pattern makes simple things a lot more complicated – and no good pictures of the collar kept me stymied for ages because of the YOs in the collar increases. Oy. I also may be the only person in the world who does not like knitting with Loft. I’m okay with that, though.
What’s Making Me Happy
- What’s making me happy is also making me so, so sad… My mom left the US on Friday (the day after my Dad’s birthday) to head to Bolivia on her first trip there in 39 years! She’s called a few times and sounds exhausted, but happy to see her family – Daddy and I are already planning to work on our Spanish to go with her next year. We’ve been missing her like crazy – the cats are even out of sorts about it – they keep wandering around looking for her and are super clingy. She gets back on the 9th and we’re both looking forward to it.
- I have date night with Michelle (travelingknitter on Rav) on Wednesday – we get to see one of my favorite musicals at Signature Theatre: Company by Steven Sondheim (who is a genius. Just sayin’. I would totally fangirl if I ever met him. LOL)
- Work is FINALLY settling down – I might have a chance to have some time for me again…. We’ll see!
Have a great week, everyone! Hopefully, I’ll have some progress to report next time!