Hey there, everyone! It’s good to see you all again. It’s been a busy week plus, but at least I recorded, right? 🙂
Remember to post your finished socks in the August thread to win a skein of sock yarn! Also, post your finshed projects in the Show and Tell thread for bragging rights. (Hell, don’t we all need to brag on ourselves a little bit?) I did pull for the winner of July’s sock thread… and I’m not going to post that here. I want the person who won to find out herself. 🙂 Winner, please PM me on Rav your favorite colors and address so I can pull a skein of yarn and get that out to you ASAP! (I know what waiting for yarn is like, I don’t want you to wait all that long. Heh.)
Again, a shorter episode this week, and no pictures – I can’t find my big girl camera… it’s been put away in a “safe place” in the last cleaning spree and I just need to locate it. There’s only so much you can do with the iPhone camera, right? Actually, my phone has been great at pictures, I just want to find my expensive camera.
- Bondi Socks by me. I still have not cast on the second sock, nor have I kitchenered the toe of the first sock. I needed the recipient (Mom) to try it on first and see if it was long enough. It’s just a tad short, so now I need to figure out if I’m going to rip out the toe and knit a couple more rows, then decrease, or if I’m just going to throw a couple more decreases in. I’m probably going to take the lazy route, but we’ll see.
- Brickless by Martina Behm. I decided to join in on Knitabulls’ Brickless KAL with Sadie of Yarnivore – I really needed something other than socks to try and jumpstart my sweater mojo, since i’ll be needing that soon. I’m working with Storied Yarns’ Superwash Sock (75% SW Merino/25% Nylon) in the Condescending Wonka colorway. (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this colorway!) The pattern calls for a light worsted on US6s (4.0 mm), but I didn’t want anything that dense. (Worsted on a US6? I’m not sure how she was getting 4st/in, but whatever.) I am loving the pattern so far – it’s just enough to keep me interested and mindless enough to keep me relaxed.
- Bowties are Cool Socks by Mandie Harrington. So happy these are done. They were a bit of a slog somewhere in the middle of the first sock – you know, where I stopped – but when I picked them up again after finishing my Allons-y socks, I was knitting like a woman possessed. It was nice to have some of my knitting mojo back. These were originally cast on for a pop-culture KAL with Aimee and Darren from Knitting in Circles, but just ended up being a big fail. I love how these turned out. These were knit out of The Uncommon Thread’s BFL Sock in the Debauchery colorway on US1.5 (2.5 mm) needles.
- I got the new The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits from my LYS. (I also saw quite a few at the local Barnes & Noble, if you can’t find one near you.) I won’t do a review on the podcast, but I will do one as a blog post.
Lots of stash enhancement!
- Fiber from The First Draft
- Yarn from The Cyborg’s Craft Room
- Yarn from Storied Yarns
- Fiber from Knitter’s Nightmare
I’ve been working my way through a braid from Fibernymph Dye Works – from the Unclub in September. I love how the colors are coming out, but I’m not thrilled with the fiber prep. This is NOT a slam on Lisa’s preparation at all, there was just a lot of veggie matter in this braid that I wasn’t expecting. I also realized that I need to pre-draft this fiber before spinning to have the smoothest time spinning it. (I haven’t been pre-drafting lately and I’ve become so much more consistent, so it was a bit of a bummer that I realized that I really had to halfway through.)
What’s Making Me Happy
- My friend Michelle (travelingknitter) woke up early and registered us both for the Highlands on the Fly retreat in October in Maine. SO. FREAKIN. EXCITED. Hosted by two of my favorite podcasters, this looks to be a fun time!
There were other things, but I can’t remember them right now. 🙂
Have a great week! See you next time.