Hi everyone! I hope that you’ve had a great week (or two) since we last chatted. Lots of stuff is going on around here – you know, it’s been almost a year and now I can start doing what I’ve been wanting to do since the start. Before we get into all that though: ONE MORE DAY UNTIL HIGHLANDS ON THE FLY. Excited doesn’t even cover it.
What’s New Chez Sheepish?
- I’ve updated the URL for the show notes/blog! Now to get to me, all you need to do is enter http://sheepishpodcast.com into your browser and you’ll be right here. (Of course you might already know that, since you’re reading this and all…)
- I am changing the iTunes feed – since the only way that I can do that is to completely resubmit the podcast, that’s what I’ve done. You can find me in iTunes as Sheepish>> Podcast (instead of just Sheepish). The direct link to the podcast is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sheepish-podcast/id731297912. This will take you directly to iTunes to subscribe, I believe. The old iTunes feed will be non-operational very soon. (I need to look into it and will take it down as soon as I can.)
- Stripey Vanilla Bean not-socks-fingerless-mitts. These started off as socks… and then I got bored. So, they became fingerless mitts and I’ve kept the slipped stitch pattern going throughout. Once I made that decision, the first mitt flew by and I’m almost done with it – it just needs a thumb. I cast on for the second mitt and have started the ribbing.
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. I finally got this cast on – with some mods and had to rip it out and cast on again. I do love the madelinetosh vintage, but I hated casting on with it. Oy. This is getting a workover, though, and will be coming along with me this weekend.
- Bondi Socks by me. I finally finished my mom’s socks! They look great and – more importantly – they fit! WOOT! Knit out of madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the Sea Spray colorway on US1.5 needles. I tried a few different types of needles on these and loved the Hiya-Hiya Sharps the best with this yarn and sock combo.
What’s Making Me Happy
- HIGHLANDS ON THE FLY IS TOMORROW. (Or today, by the time this posts.) I am nervous and uber-excited. Michelle and I fly out tomorrow afternoon and we get to meet people immediately at the airport! I will, hopefully, have pictures to share and/or videos, if not a full episode. I will definitely be doing a roundup when I get back. 🙂
- Hockey, naturally. Duh. We’re not completely sucking, but we could be doing better. Heh.
- One thing I forgot to mention in the recording: THE DOCTOR WHO 50TH ANNIVERSARY EPISODE IS ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY. Why yes, I’m excited, why do you ask? 😉
Have a great week, everyone! I’ll see you when I get back!
Yes, I finally got around to getting the math and pictures finalized and I’ve finally got Allons-y! published on Ravelry! WOOT! It only took (mumble, mumble) months to get it up and I’m definitely proud of it.
Much thanks to all my test knitters for their help and ideas to flesh out what I was thinking! I could not have done it without you all. Thanks go out to Yvonne, Jennifer, Julee, Elly, and Michelle. Much love to you all. (I’ve linked to their project pages, if they posted it… These ladies have done some excellent work!)
The pattern is sized in three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large. (Depending on how loose you knit, the medium size might fit a man, but the large definitely should!)
To buy the pattern, just click
Hi everyone! I hope you have had a great week (or however long it’s actually been) – mine has been busy. There’s just no other way to put it. However, I’ve been able to get some knitting done, so that’s a good thing, right? 🙂 Is it fall wherever you’re at? It seems that Mother Nature has decided to give us in the DC area a longer summer after teasing us with those cool-weather days a couple weeks ago. Ah, well, I’ll get some use out of handknits when I’m in Maine later this month, right? Maybe they’re actually having a fall…
What’s New Chez Sheepish?
- Sorry about the delay in getting the October socks and FO threads up and running – they’re finally up, so start posting in them – I love seeing what you are making!
- We have a winner in the September Socks, Socks, Socks! thread! I do love doing this each month. Dear winner, please get in touch with me and send me your favorite colors and your mailing address. 🙂
- The Fall Into Color KAL has started! Remember it goes until the end of the year, so we have plenty of time to get a colorwork project done. (Trust me, I need all the time I can get.) About mid-month, I’ll open up a FO thread – and I’ll start finding prizes!
- Bondi Socks by me. I’m almost done with the second sock on this one… of course that means that I need to rip the toe out of the first sock and reknit it. Fun times.
- Stripey Vanilla Bean socks by Emily O’Grady. These are my hockey socks – I knit on them while I watch a game and these are easy to throw down, if needed. 🙂 Knit out of Yarn vs Zombies Haunted base in the Rain of Frogs colorway on US1.5 (2.5mm) needles.
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. I’ve only started swatching this one – knit out of madelinetosh Vintage in the Antique Lace, Grey Gardens, Bark, and Robin Red Breast colorways. Using my US8 Karbonz interchangeables.
- Narragansett by Thea Colman. I finally finished! With plenty of time to spare for the Highlands on the Fly retreat. LOVE this sweater. I knit two different sizes for this (42″ and 46″), which helps this fit on my shoulders nicely. Knit out of the madelinetosh 80/10/10 Worsted from the Magnolia Society club in the Well Water colorway. I know, it’s a finished object! I didn’t end up alternating skeins on the sleeves, but I don’t think it’s all that noticeable. I used 5.3333333ish skeins, I’ll figure out the yardage eventually, when I weigh the final skein.
- Yarn from the 2 Crafty Girls club!
- The Hiro yarn (madtosh Vintage)
- Fiber from Marlene’s Felting Madness
- The Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits
- Ply issue 2
What’s Making Me Happy
- Highlands on the Fly is 19 DAYS AWAY!! What?! So excited!!
- Spreading the knitting love to new students. How can that not make me happy?
- HOCKEY. Period. 🙂
Have a great week! I’ll see you in a bit…