Hi everyone! I hope you have had a great week (or however long it’s actually been) – mine has been busy. There’s just no other way to put it. However, I’ve been able to get some knitting done, so that’s a good thing, right? 🙂 Is it fall wherever you’re at? It seems that Mother Nature has decided to give us in the DC area a longer summer after teasing us with those cool-weather days a couple weeks ago. Ah, well, I’ll get some use out of handknits when I’m in Maine later this month, right? Maybe they’re actually having a fall…
What’s New Chez Sheepish?
- Sorry about the delay in getting the October socks and FO threads up and running – they’re finally up, so start posting in them – I love seeing what you are making!
- We have a winner in the September Socks, Socks, Socks! thread! I do love doing this each month. Dear winner, please get in touch with me and send me your favorite colors and your mailing address. 🙂
- The Fall Into Color KAL has started! Remember it goes until the end of the year, so we have plenty of time to get a colorwork project done. (Trust me, I need all the time I can get.) About mid-month, I’ll open up a FO thread – and I’ll start finding prizes!
- Bondi Socks by me. I’m almost done with the second sock on this one… of course that means that I need to rip the toe out of the first sock and reknit it. Fun times.
- Stripey Vanilla Bean socks by Emily O’Grady. These are my hockey socks – I knit on them while I watch a game and these are easy to throw down, if needed. 🙂 Knit out of Yarn vs Zombies Haunted base in the Rain of Frogs colorway on US1.5 (2.5mm) needles.
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. I’ve only started swatching this one – knit out of madelinetosh Vintage in the Antique Lace, Grey Gardens, Bark, and Robin Red Breast colorways. Using my US8 Karbonz interchangeables.
- Narragansett by Thea Colman. I finally finished! With plenty of time to spare for the Highlands on the Fly retreat. LOVE this sweater. I knit two different sizes for this (42″ and 46″), which helps this fit on my shoulders nicely. Knit out of the madelinetosh 80/10/10 Worsted from the Magnolia Society club in the Well Water colorway. I know, it’s a finished object! I didn’t end up alternating skeins on the sleeves, but I don’t think it’s all that noticeable. I used 5.3333333ish skeins, I’ll figure out the yardage eventually, when I weigh the final skein.
- Yarn from the 2 Crafty Girls club!
- The Hiro yarn (madtosh Vintage)
- Fiber from Marlene’s Felting Madness
- The Unofficial Downton Abbey Knits
- Ply issue 2
What’s Making Me Happy
- Highlands on the Fly is 19 DAYS AWAY!! What?! So excited!!
- Spreading the knitting love to new students. How can that not make me happy?
- HOCKEY. Period. 🙂
Have a great week! I’ll see you in a bit…