Hi everyone! I hope that you’ve had a great week (or two) since we last chatted. Lots of stuff is going on around here – you know, it’s been almost a year and now I can start doing what I’ve been wanting to do since the start. Before we get into all that though: ONE MORE DAY UNTIL HIGHLANDS ON THE FLY. Excited doesn’t even cover it.
What’s New Chez Sheepish?
- I’ve updated the URL for the show notes/blog! Now to get to me, all you need to do is enter http://sheepishpodcast.com into your browser and you’ll be right here. (Of course you might already know that, since you’re reading this and all…)
- I am changing the iTunes feed – since the only way that I can do that is to completely resubmit the podcast, that’s what I’ve done. You can find me in iTunes as Sheepish>> Podcast (instead of just Sheepish). The direct link to the podcast is: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sheepish-podcast/id731297912. This will take you directly to iTunes to subscribe, I believe. The old iTunes feed will be non-operational very soon. (I need to look into it and will take it down as soon as I can.)
- Stripey Vanilla Bean not-socks-fingerless-mitts. These started off as socks… and then I got bored. So, they became fingerless mitts and I’ve kept the slipped stitch pattern going throughout. Once I made that decision, the first mitt flew by and I’m almost done with it – it just needs a thumb. I cast on for the second mitt and have started the ribbing.
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. I finally got this cast on – with some mods and had to rip it out and cast on again. I do love the madelinetosh vintage, but I hated casting on with it. Oy. This is getting a workover, though, and will be coming along with me this weekend.
- Bondi Socks by me. I finally finished my mom’s socks! They look great and – more importantly – they fit! WOOT! Knit out of madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the Sea Spray colorway on US1.5 needles. I tried a few different types of needles on these and loved the Hiya-Hiya Sharps the best with this yarn and sock combo.
What’s Making Me Happy
- HIGHLANDS ON THE FLY IS TOMORROW. (Or today, by the time this posts.) I am nervous and uber-excited. Michelle and I fly out tomorrow afternoon and we get to meet people immediately at the airport! I will, hopefully, have pictures to share and/or videos, if not a full episode. I will definitely be doing a roundup when I get back. 🙂
- Hockey, naturally. Duh. We’re not completely sucking, but we could be doing better. Heh.
- One thing I forgot to mention in the recording: THE DOCTOR WHO 50TH ANNIVERSARY EPISODE IS ONLY ONE MONTH AWAY. Why yes, I’m excited, why do you ask? 😉
Have a great week, everyone! I’ll see you when I get back!