Hi there! I hope you all have been well since we last talked. Things have been good, but busy here. Mother Nature is not cooperating with the knitting mojo – it’s been unseasonably warm here in the DC area this past week (temps of 70°?! Fahrenheit, that is.) and today it’s in the low 40’s with snow forecast for tomorrow. Eek! The lighting’s all funky in this one – sorry for that, but I don’t think it’ll be *too* distracting.
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
It’s December! Y’all know what that means… it’s time to draw for the November Socks, Socks, Socks prize! Congratulations to our winner! Hooray! Also, don’t forget the Fall Into Color KAL that’s going on – if you’re working on something that can be considered colorwork, submit it! The KAL is going until December 31…
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. It doesn’t look like any progress has been made, but there has been a little, I promise. I need to concentrate on this one for awhile, since it’s my Fall Into Color KAL project and it’s December…
- Level Up Socks by Heather Monroe Kinne. I love how these look, but the tiny cables are KILLING my hands, so these have been put to the side for just a little bit.
- Simple Stripey Socks by me. These continue to be my hockey knitting, purse knitting, Doctor Who knitting…
- Eugenia’s Mittens by Mollie Woodworth. So the first mitt, sans thumb, is done. The cables are what really started the pain in my hands and arms, so I’m giving them a rest for a bit. I love the mitten when it’s on my hand though. It’s going to be so warm and perfect.
- Seamless Salomas Slippers by Susan Busbee and Megan Williams. These are a bit of an experiment – to see if they work and if they fit (preferably not me, lol). Knit out of unknown worsted (I think it’s Fiberists, but I’m not sure.) on US6s.
I’ve finished the first two ounces of my Gourmet Stash Fibery Tribbles and am well into the second two ounces. Hopefully, I can get that done this week and can get started on the third two ounces. This is so gorgeous!!
What’s Making Me Happy
- Jennie the Potter (of the fabulous mug fame) is making silver knit-themed jewelry! I ordered the oval stockinette stitch printed earrings and LOVE them.
- My bestie is coming into town this week! SOSOSOSOSO happy about this.
Have a great week, everyone! I’ll see you next time!