Hi everyone! How in the world did it get to be 4 days before Christmas?? I tried to keep this one short, but failed miserably. 😉 I hope you’re farther along with your Christmas knitting (if you have any) than I am! Oy. This is totally a race to the finish!
Everything is in the same place as it was last time, since I picked up nothing. Well, that’s not true, I finished the one Seamless Saloma… So, I’m only posting what I actually showed today. 🙂
- Seamless Salomas Slippers by Susan Busbee and Megan Williams. I finished the first slipper this week and have determined that it’s very tight around my foot. It’s cute on, though, and Mom asked if I’d make her a pair, so I’ll cast on a larger size for her once I get the primary knitted gift done. Must stash dive for some nice yarn for this…. I think that she’s worth some cushy, pretty sock yarn, no?
- Windschief Hat by Steven West. This one is for Daddy. He never asks for handknits – like, never ever – so when he asked, I had to say yes. I’m a little worried that he’ll think the color is too girly, but Mom doesn’t think so and I think it will look gorgeous on him. I couldn’t get to my worsted stash (little of it that there is) when I decided to cast on, so I grabbed a skein of Luxe Sock by Unwind Yarn Company (in Abalone; 80% SW Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon) and started knitting from the inside and outside. I LOVE THIS YARN. I love how it’s knitting up, I love how cushy this is. It’s a relatively quick knit and I should be done tonight. We’ll see.
- Verity by Ysolda Teague. This has probably been on the needles for two years or so. I’m not sure why it was put down, but a huge amount was done when I found it, so I decided to finish it. Knit out of Classic Elite Kumara, it’s warm and soft. I want more Kumara in my life, darn it!
If you have not checked out the Vintage Rose Knitting Boutique on Etsy, do it. Run, don’t walk. OMG, these stitch markers are GORGEOUS and cover my nerd-doms. Vanessa is so nice – she includes a lovely note with each order – and she ships out so quickly. Literally. I placed both orders and had them within two days. 🙂
What’s Making Me Happy
- It’s all about hockey. My boys are doing really well, despite a really bad game on Tuesday against the Flyers. We’re still #2 in our division and #5 in the Eastern Conference. I got to watch Sunday’s game with my bestie at one of the airport’s bars – well worth it! We came back from a miserable game to winning in a shootout! (As I type this, I’m watching us play the Devils… so far, so good!)
- I spent Monday at their practice (LOVE that all practices are open to the public and free) and got a ton of signatures on my Alzner sweater! (Unfortunately, not his.)
I hope you all have a great holiday! Merry Christmas, y’all! I’ll see you next time!