Hi everyone! It’s been a couple of weeks since I last recorded – how are you?? This weekend was Sheep & Wool weekend and man, was it fun!! 🙂 I got to see and meet so many people and buy so many things… that’s what a Sheep & Wool Festival is for, correct?
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
Since we don’t have as many entries this month, I’m going to combine the April Socks, Socks, Socks! thread with the May one. I’ll be pulling for one (or even two) prizes in June.
Everything from last time is in the same place as the last time I recorded, so I didn’t even show anything. Hopefully, I’ll get some work done on them in the next week (especially on the April socks)!
- 7-Day Sweater (Liesl) by Ysolda Teague. Somehow, I developed the #crazypantsknitting (new hashtag on Instagram, LOL) idea to knit a sweater to wear to Maryland Sheep & Wool. I knit on nothing else and succeeded! Project monogamy=FTW! (Project monogamy is so boring, though.
Scouting Report (Stash)
- Gourmet Stash punis in the “Paintbox Remnants,” “Peacock Dreams,” and “Spinners Hill” colorways – gorgeous!
- Vintage Rose stitch markers and shawl pin. You know how much I adore Vintage Rose!
- Into the Whirled braids of fiber… Polwarth, Polwarth/Silk, Falkland – I can’t wait to spin these!
- Jennie the Potter mugs – I had to special order the 2014 MDSW ones, but that’s okay, I can wait. 😉
- Fiber Optic Yarns paintbox kit. This is about 450 yards, so I have no clue what I’ll do with it, but I’ll find something. A Honey Cowl, maybe?
What’s Making Me Happy
Maryland Sheep & Wool, of course! I spent the day with Michelle and we had fun roaming around the festival, shopping, handing out buttons, and meeting people. I made it to the podcaster meetup and met some really awesome people! I got to catch up with some of my favorite people as well, so all in all, it was a great day! (Even if I got sunburned and now have a light patterned tan of the Liesl lace on my shoulder. Heh.)
I hope you all have a great week – I’ll see you next time.
Knit, stitch, spin, and crochet on!