Hi everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great week since we last talked. Today is Memorial Day in the US, the traditional start of our summer season and (more importantly) a day to remember those who gave everything and didn’t come home from their tour of duty. It is officially summer in the DC area – it’s hot and starting to get humid. I spent most of my late afternoon/early evening grilling steak and chicken outside with a beer and a good book. 🙂
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
We’ve got a craftalong starting NEXT SUNDAY! Woot! What will you be working on this Summer? (Winter for y’all in the Southern Hemisphere, natch.) Work on your WIPs, working on new projects, using your stash or using new stuff, double and triple dip if you’d like with other people’s -alongs, whatever! I want you to have fun… remember, a sweater’s worth of yarn is on the line! 😉
Everyone participating needs to post in the FO thread – one post per person, to keep everything fair.
- Rubber Ducky Socks. Vanilla sock pattern by me. These are officially a HO, however, I have plans that a tutorial will happen this week, making this a FO.
- Snapshots of Maine Granny Square… blanket. It’s huge. I’m well into the February yarn and hope to need to skein up March soon! It’s going so quickly now that I’m crocheting into the same type of yarn.
- I’ve been swatching for my next top, the Nyanen Tee by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. I’m planning on using my Highland Handmades Silver Maple Sock in “The Holly” colorway. I will be playing yarn chicken with this, but I’m determined.
- Two gorgeous skeins of yarn from Republic of Wool. OMG, I want more of this. 🙂
What’s Making Me Happy
- Camping! With my bestie! In just over 2 weeks!! (I might be a bit excited.)
- This video:
Have a great week, everyone! I’ll see you in a few days! Knit, spin, crochet, and stitch on!