Hi everyone! It’s been a few weeks… sorry! I didn’t mean for it to be so long between episodes, but life is crazy. One day, I’ll be able to say something different! With the crazy and just not feeling my best, I felt like it was best if I didn’t record. I’m going to try to be better, though! 🙂 I certainly hope you’ve had a few good weeks – and have more to show than I do, haha.
- Collywobbles Socks by Emily Estrada. I am knitting these out of Highland Handmades Sugar Maple Sock in the Though She Be But Little colorway. I managed to screw these up early on, which makes me kind of meh about it right now. I’ll get back to these eventually, but this has been put aside temporarily because I seem to have lost my mojo.
- Springtime Bandit by Kate Gagnon-Osborn. Knit out of Fiber Optic’s Paintbox Gradients in the Lime – Rose colorway. I love this yarn so much. I hated the 30 yd mini-skeins, but that’s just me. Now that it’s all one big skein (all attached by Magic Knot), it’s awesome to work with! I am making the pattern bigger than called for because I’m not using the worsted yarn called for. I’m using fingering weight yarn on US6s.
What’s Making Me Happy
- I got to spend time with my bestie camping and will get to see her in a few weeks – I cannot wait! I also got to spend some time with Michelle this week – I am a really lucky girl.
- The NHL draft is going on right now and we drafted one of my favorites from Development Camp last year. I am thrilled! We’ve drafted the first ever Aussie into the league!
- My friend Bridget is donating a portion of all of her sales until August 1 to benefit children’s cancer research! $3 from each sale of children’s knitting needles and $1 of everything else gets donated – every dollar helps! If you’d like to help out, Bridget’s Etsy shop can be found at etsy.com/shop/BDevlinDesigns.
It’s a short one this week, loves. Sorry about that! To make up for it, I’m including a funny video below…