Hi everyone! Since I’ve got a busy couple of weekends coming up I thought I’d get a short (really, it is short – I’m not sure how I did that) episode out to you all.
- Springtime Bandit by Kate Gagnon-Osborn. I wish that I had made progress on this – any progress, but it’s sitting in its cute bag, mocking me.
- Collywobbles Socks by Emily Estrada. I am slowly working on the second sock. I can’t just take these anywhere with me, though (I keep screwing up the pattern if I do), so that slows down progress. I am sure that I’m going to love these, though!
- Simple Vanilla Sock. I needed a simple stockinette sock to be purse knitting/movie knitting, so I pulled my Into the Whirled Gloucester sock in the Mercy Hartigan colorway out and cast it on. I knit about 4″ since I recorded, so it did its job in keeping me busy. 🙂
- Snapshots from Maine blanket… 2nd Incarnation. I got really tired of crocheting a granny square, so I pulled out my Handmade in the UK e-book and cast on a Vivid square. What are your thoughts on the variegation with the lace?
- I’ve got my See Jayne Knit sock yarn in the Twelfth Doctor colorway – I’ve included the inspiration photo (which is totally a fan mash-up) as the featured image for this post. 😉 I think that these will be a pair of Hermione’s Everyday Socks – you know, for a TOTAL fandom mash-up.
What’s Making Me Happy
- I got to spend an awesome Friday night taste-testing homemade ice-creams, watching West Wing and crafting. How can you beat that??
- My BFF is coming into town this weekend – WOOT!
- The crafting bug has bitten me, hard. I made a tutu this weekend for a costume – I’m hoping to, with help, sew a dress… who am I and what’s been done with me? LOL
- MONTY PYTHON. Yes, I had a ticket to see their live show (via broadcast) at a local movie theater. So. Much. Fun.
- My birthday is on Saturday. 🙂
Have a great week, everyone! Keep posting in the Summer Knitting CAL threads – YOU ARE SUPER INSPIRING. (Just sayin’.)
Keep knitting, crocheting, spinning, and stitching on!