Hi everyone! It’s been a hectic couple of weeks since the retreat, but I finally got some time to record! Warning for everyone: this is a long episode and I could only compress it so much. If you aren’t watching this on the blog or YouTube, it may take a while to download it. I’m sorry, I tried! (I’m glad I didn’t add the pictures in at the end… I’ll have to do that for another episode.)
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
A few things have happened since we last talked:
- We very quietly turned 2 at the end of October! Thank you all for all your love and support. Let’s see what this year brings!
- Because I’m a slacker and can’t get any packages out in any reasonable time, I’m not going to be doing the monthly giveaways anymore. I’ll get out what I have left and that will be it. It doesn’t mean there will never be prizes or that you won’t be able to share your stuff, I promise. I’ll make sure to start an FO thread so we can all still post. Join in there!
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. Knit out of the Twelfth Doctor colorway from See Jayne Knit on US1.5s. Still working my way down the leg of the second sock – I’ve moved it to a 32″ circular so I can magic loop it. Hopefully that will speed things up a bit!
- Sporthead Hat – based off the very popular Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure. I’ve done some math, new numbers, and gauge tests to make my sport-weight Miss Babs Yummy work for this. I love how it’s coming out, but I think it’s getting a bit long now, especially since I’ll never wear it with the brim turned up. Though this may become a present… I think that I’ll still hold off, though. The Yummy has 335 yds compared to sock yarn skeins of 400+ yds. I definitely don’t want to run out! Plus doing this has sparked a design in my head…
- Hobbledehoy battlings in the “Flight of the TARDIS” colorway. I got 6 oz of therm and have mostly two plied them together. I love how it looks. I still need to skein it up and give it a bath before I’ll call it finished. 🙂
- July Socky Socks! I finished these on the trip back from Maine. Really, they were finished in the first few hours of that trip. Yay!
There really is too much to list at this hour… I’ll have to go back and update this when I’m better rested. 🙂 Let’s just say there was a lot of it!
What’s Making Me Happy
I almost didn’t do this segment since I was running so long. I did and that added a whole bunch of time onto the recording! 😉 Suffice it to say: Highlands on the Fly ’14, YAY that it happened and boo that it’s over; Caps, yay for the game against Chicago (and tonight against the Canes as well); Yay for the prospect of more yarny related trips/friends/acquisitions; Yay for new knitting related Swatch watch!
I’ll see you next time. Have a great week!
Keep knitting, spinning, crocheting, and stitching on!