Hi loves! I know it’s been forever since I last recorded – forgive me? Every time I tried to record, something would happen to stop me (usually a migraine, ugh). We’re back to about a 30 minute ramble today (thank goodness that y’all like me, right?). So, let’s go ahead and jump in and get started!
- Second Story Tee by Debbie O’Neill. I’ve made some progress – finally! I think I have about 50 rows to go… I can get this done before Summer ends… right?
- Simple Stripey Sock by me. These are being knit out of Lollipop Yarns Traditional Sock in the Wild Thing colorway. The heel has been turned, hallelujah! Now to knit the leg and another sock. I really should check on the final date for that KAL…
- Sock Yarn Blanket by Shelly Kang. I haven’t picked this up in ages. I really need to…
- Duane Park Triangle by Kirsten Kapur. This is the June KAL for my LYS, fibre space. I’m finished!!! WOOT! I’m also using this for the Spotlight KAL #3 – we can submit as many projects as we like because we’re earning points for our house. This should get me two more points since I’m using two skeins ofHighland Handmades for this one: a skein of White Maple Sock in Khorasan and a skein of Silver Maple Sock in Should You Need Us. I used US6s instead of the pattern’s called for US7s – I totally ran out of the MC, however I ordered a second skein and used it… for two stripes.
I think I’ll be casting on a pair of Whiz Bang! Socks by Sarah Shoo to use with some Into the Whirled I got at MDSW this year. I love how the pattern works so well with highly variegated yarn!!
What’s Making Me Happy
- I made new sock knitters! WOOT! Spreading the sock love, one class at a time.
- The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup! Yay! Hockey season isn’t too far away…
- I started a new business: I’m an Independent Consultant for Jamberry Nails! I’m really excited about this – I love the product and now I’m selling them. I’m having a launch party soon (online), so if you’d like to join in the fun, just let me know! If you’d like to see what all this is about, just visit my shop page at http://knittingandjams.jamberrynails.net. I’ve also set up a new Twitter for it @knittingandjams. I won’t talk about it every time I record, just maybe to tell you what I’m wearing. (Today, I’ve got Kaboom and Grey and White Polka on my nails.)
Have a great week (or however long it takes me to record next, lol). You are the bestest!
Keep knitting, spinning, stitching, and crocheting on!