Hi loves! I know it’s been forever since I last recorded – forgive me? Every time I tried to record, something would happen to stop me (usually a migraine, ugh). We’re back to about a 30 minute ramble today (thank … Continue reading
Hello everyone! I hope that you all had a good couple of weeks since we last talked! It’s been busy in my life, as usual – but the holiday weekend has provided me with ample opportunities to sleep in, so … Continue reading
Hello, loves. A happy Mothers Day to one and all today! I hope that you have some lovely things planned for today! Me, just recording, laundry, teaching, and hockey watching. 🙂 My dad and I gave Momma her gift yesterday… … Continue reading
Hello, loves! It’s been far too long. How can it actually be the end of March?!?! Yes, I know that I last recorded (and posted) at Thanksgiving – I didn’t mean to be away for so long. Thanks to all of you … Continue reading
Hello darlings! Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US – and if you’re going to be shopping the Black Friday sales, bless you. LOL! I’ve been busy since the last recording which hasn’t left a whole lot of time to knit, so this episode isn’t as long as the last couple. *sigh* (I’m sure that a few of you are out there saying “thank goodness!”. I totally understand, lol.)
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. Knit out of the Twelfth Doctor colorway from See Jayne Knit on US1.5s. Still working on the leg of this one. I’m hoping that with nothing else officially on the needles, that I’ll get this one finished soon!
- Sporthead Hat – based off the very popular Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure. This went fairly quickly once I got to the Stockinette, yay! I’ll need to write up my notes and post them on Rav. (I also need to make a project page…)
- Green Gables Shawl Kit from Little Skein in the Big Wool.
- 3 skeins of fingering weight yarn from GnomeAcres
- 2 skeins(?) from TurtlePurl Yarns
Have a great holiday, y’all! I’ll see you next time!
Keep knitting, spinning, crocheting, and stitching on!
Hiya everyone! How has your week been? Mine has been busy and I’ve gotten a lot of knitting done (for me, at least), so mine has been good. 🙂 This one is a short one this week – it seems when I record once a week the episodes are shorter, who would’ve thought that? Heh.
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
- The sale on my Allons-y! socks (20% off the pattern!) is still going on until Saturday at 11:59pm Eastern. Want to buy them? Then click here.
- knittingblackbelt on Ravelry is having a KAL on her blog, Little Fire Knits, to celebrate the new season of Doctor Who! Go over to her blog to check out all the rules and tag any projects you submit with the hashtag #drwhokal on Instagram.
- Simple Vanilla Sock. I’ve knit about 3-4″ on the leg of this sock – progress has been slow, but steady.
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. I’m halfway through the ribbing on the sock – I meant to rip it out and start again on Saturday, but… yeah. 🙂
- Snapshots from Maine blanket… I wound my March yarn and cast on for another Vivid square, which is working up really quickly!
- Collywobbles Socks by Emily Estrada. The socks are done!! They are a snug fit, but the June socks are done.
Scouting Report – Projects
I will be partnering with my bestie to knit a friend of ours a Vivid for their baby (out of DK weight).
What’s Making Me Happy
- NEW DOCTOR WHO SEASON STARTS ON SATURDAY!! Yes, I am insanely excited about this. 🙂
Have a great week everyone, I’ll see you next time!
Hi everyone! It’s been a little while since we last chatted. A lot has happened since then, I’ve had a birthday, been to a wedding, got to spend two back to back weekends with my bestie, went out to Signature Theatre to see one of my favorite shows (I have many of those)… and lots of work, of course.
I draw for the June/July Socks, Socks, Socks! thread AND there’s a coupon code to use toward my Allons-y pattern in celebration of the new season of Doctor Who starting on August 23! Just enter “Capaldi” (without the quotes, natch) into the coupon code area and you’ll get 20% off of that pattern until 11:59 PM on August 23.
- Collywobbles Socks by Emily Estrada. The socks are coming slowly, but surely. The second sock is well past the heel and over halfway down the foot! I can’t just take these anywhere with me, though (I keep screwing up the pattern if I do), so that slows down progress. I am so looking forward to when they are done!
- Simple Vanilla Sock. This has been pretty strictly purse/car knitting (only when I’m at a full stop, I promise!), so not much progress has been made, but I’m sure that once the Collywobbles are done, I’ll give these some more attention. Maybe they’ll start living in my office for webinars?
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. I just cast these on, in my See Jayne Knit sock yarn in the 12th Doctor colorway. Hopefully, I’ll get some work on these while I’m at the computer…
- Snapshots from Maine blanket… 2nd Incarnation. I’ve gotten some good feedback on the variegation with the lace – so I knit a second block. 🙂
- Springtime Bandit by Kate Gagnon-Osborn. It’s done, done, done and I love it! Much longer than expected and it’s perfect. Nine repeats of the body and one of the border on US6 needles. LOVE IT.
- Gourmet Stash Tribbles: two colorways, 4oz of each. 😉
- Snapshots of Maine yarn club July yarn from Highland Handmades
- Bag from knerdshop.com
- Tosh Tea Cakes from Jimmy Beans Wool. (I need more of these!)
Have a great week, everyone! I’m hoping to record next week, so I’ll see you then! Keep knitting, stitching, crocheting, and spinning on!
Hi everyone! Since I’ve got a busy couple of weekends coming up I thought I’d get a short (really, it is short – I’m not sure how I did that) episode out to you all. Current Roster Springtime Bandit by … Continue reading
Hi everyone. It’s been a few weeks (again), thanks for hanging in there! What’s Happening Chez Sheepish? Since it’s the middle of the month, I’ve decided to make the June socks thread into one for June and July. Hooray! More … Continue reading
Hi everyone! I took the time yesterday morning to record… and didn’t actually edit until last night. Well, at least there’s some good light, right? 😉 So, I got a new microphone this week – let me know what you think of the sound quality! Hopefully, it’s much better than it was. We’ll see.
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
What do you knit on during the hot summer months? Well, let’s find out! Starting June 1, we’re going to have a CAL (craftalong)! Starting on June 1, you can start posting your finished summer projects (or winter projects, if you’re in the Southern Hemisphere) for a chance to win a sweater’s worth of madelinetosh tosh mo light. I know, right??
If you don’t regularly check on the blog (if you’re reading this, you’re either here or viewing on YouTube…), you should! I uploaded a tutorial the other day and I’m looking for more suggestions on them – so what do you want to see?
Rubber Ducky Socks. Vanilla sock pattern by me. Knit for a Socks 201 private lesson out of Biscotte et Cie Felix in the Princesse et les 7 mailles colorway. I’m done with the first one – mostly, so I just need to get started on the second sock in the pair! I love when socks work up quickly. 🙂
April Socky-Socks. Vanilla sock pattern by me. Knit out of Knitters Nightmare Boogeyman Sock on US1.5 (2.5mm) needles. These are short socks, so I could catch up with my personal quest for my year of socks – but they were a wonderful knit! Knit with a Fish Lips Kiss heel, they’re a touch wide, but still wearable.
- Mystik Spiral socks by Josh Ryks. I love these – I need to cast them on immediately. LOL!
- Lollipop Yarns – I managed to catch a ball at Looped in DC
- Shibui cotton silk blend yarn. This is going to be a bear to wind and knit with…
- My Snapshots of Maine yarn club in Sweet Sap. How much better can this get? 🙂
What’s Making Me Happy
- I got to spend time with Elly, Dave, Kristin, Laura, CC, and Damaris and chat on Saturday afternoon. It was my first time doing a Google Hangout and I had so much fun! Much love to everyone and I loved meeting you all! xoxo (Also, happy birthday Elly!!!!!)
- Solving all sorts of tech issues here at the house has definitely made me happy and soooo frustrated at the same time. Heh.
Much love to everyone – thanks for stopping by! I’ll see you all next time!
Knit, crochet, spin, and stitch on!