Hi everyone! Yes, this is take 3 recording this week’s episode – I tried using my DSLR the first time around, and while the picture and sound were excellent, it only recorded 5:30 of the 40 or so minutes I was trying to record. *sigh* Take 2: I tried using my old webcam and while that worked, the settings were all wonky and I can’t change them to my liking. The recording was over 5GB?!?! WTF?! It was crashing Premiere (what I use to edit lately) and was such a headache. I spent about 19 hours of 24 trying to get it to work. Finally, I decided to re-record for Take 3 using the current webcam – what you see today. 🙂 MUCH more manageable, thank goodness. Technology is not my friend. Oy.
WE ARE AT 150 MEMBERS!!! What??? That is AWESOME. Thank you all so much for your love, encouragement and patience. When we hit 200 members in the Ravelry group, I’ll do a prize drawing! Nice, right? Don’t know where the Rav group is? Here you go: www.ravelry.com/groups/sheepish-podcast/.
Also, I’ve decided to add a co-mod to the group, so everyone welcome Michelle (travelingknitter)! You’ve seen her around the boards already, but she’s going to be a great addition (and keep me on task, I’m sure, LOL)! To celebrate, we’re going to hold a colorwork knitalong called Fall Into Color! Starting October 1 and continuing through the end of the year, we’re going to knit something in colorwork – and you get to convince us that something’s colorwork or not. 😉 I’m planning on knitting Hiro and Michelle is planning on knitting Plum Rondo a la Turk. (I just noticed that these are both by Julia Farwell-Clay, heh.) You don’t have to do a sweater, knit or crochet whatever your heart desires, as long as it fits into your description of colorwork. For more information on the knitalong, visit the thread on Ravelry and share what you’re going to make!
Lastly, we’re coming up on my one year podiversary. That’s kinda cool. To celebrate, I’ll start a thread to win prizes on October 1 and close it on the podiversary, October 31. I haven’t thought about prizes yet, but I know that one will be an e-book on Ravelry. 🙂 Okay, we can finally get into the knitting now! Still with me? Good.
- Bondi Socks by me. Progress is slow on this, just because I haven’t been working on it over the last week. See the next item why that might be. 😉 I’m one set of decreases away from just knitting down the foot of the sock, which will either go quickly because I can zone out, or slowly because I’m bored.
- Narragansett by Thea Colman. I have just wanted to work on this. I am only about 5 rows from binding off the body and can start the sleeves. I want to wear this so badly – I think that the cooler temperatures here in the DC area have contributed to that want. I’ve used the better part of 4 balls, when all is said and done – I stopped alternating skeins again when I got to the ribbing on the sweater, so that’s being done in ball 5 and I have the leftovers of ball 4 to use. I haven’t decided if I’m going to alternate on the sleeves or not. Suggestions?
I’m still working on the first two ounces of the Fibery Tribbles from Gourmet Stash. It’s slow going – especially because the fiber is so darn slippery – but it’s pretty. Hopefully, I’ll get started on the second two ounces this week.
It’s all Yarn vs. Zombies this week, what can I say? I received my yarn and fiber from the Geek Treat club, Doctor Who was my geek, natch, and I am in love. They’re not colors that I’d normally gravitate towards, but they’re lovely. The fiber is 100% Corriedale, which I’ve never spun before. I also picked up a ball of self-striping in her Haunted base: Rain of Frogs and another braid of Corriedale in the Penny, Amy, Bernadette colorway.
What’s Making Me Happy
- HOCKEY!!! Yes, it’s still preseason, but it’s still hockey. It’s the most wonderful time of the year (to me, at least – talk to me at the end of the season, LOL). I talked a lot about seeing the rookies play and I just found out that the one I mentioned on the podcast, Nathan Walker, has been sent down to our AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears, since we couldn’t sign him due to a rule in the CBA (collective bargaining agreement – a contract between the team owners and players). So happy for him and am looking forward to seeing him play in PA this year.
- The Highlands on the Fly retreat is really just a month away! I am so freakin’ excited about this!! The vendor list is outstanding, so I’ll need to pack carefully so I have room to bring home the goodies.
- The iOS7 update for the iPad and the iPhone. Well, it’s only happy-ish. I like certain things about the update and hate others. I think that’s pretty standard, yes?
- OMG, I forgot to mention this in the podcast – my bestie sent this link to me the other night and knew that I’d love it. Y’all know that I’m a huge Potter-head, well Matt Lewis (who played Neville Longbottom) was on BBC Radio 1 on a mid-day show, I think, and complete hilarity and ridiculousness ensue. There’s water, spitting, laughing, and slightly inappropriate words involved… I laughed for the entire time I watched. I also am a 12 year old boy when it comes to humor. Enjoy.
On that note, have a great week and I’ll see you next time!