Hello, loves! It’s been far too long. How can it actually be the end of March?!?! Yes, I know that I last recorded (and posted) at Thanksgiving – I didn’t mean to be away for so long. Thanks to all of you … Continue reading
No show notes until later – I recorded this at work… shhhhh! 😉
Okay, I didn’t realize just how bad the editing software and camera/computer FUBAR-ed the audio/video sync (it would not let me check, grrrr), so I suggest that you just not even watch and play it in the background. My voice isn’t bad, right? LOL. I am soooooo sorry about this, guys. I tried to record again tonight using my DSLR, but that won’t let me record anything longer than 5 minutes at a time. (WTF? That just seems wrong – and I can’t figure out how to record longer.) I tried to fix the audio, but 3 hours later and I’m still fiddling with the audio timeline. You have no clue how sorry I am about this. I wanted to pull this down immediately, but since I’d already put it up, I decided to leave it up. I may change my mind tomorrow. We’ll see.
Hi everyone! It’s been a little longer than I anticipated in recording, but I was under the weather earlier this week – I’m still not at 100%, but I missed you all! We are up to 83 people in the Ravelry group – awesome! We’re getting close to that first milestone… and a drawing for a skein of yarn! This episode’s a short one (for me) this week – recording before I go to work tends to do that to me. I’m sorry if I’m talking too fast…
- Célia by Arianne Caron-Lacoste. Not much progress has been made on this since last week, I’m still not in the round. I just haven’t had any time to knit on it, since I had a finishing project come up from my LYS. I’m hoping to get some work done on it over the next week. It’s definitely not going to be done by the time I get my next shipment from the Magnolia Society Sweater club, but one can hope, right?
- Celestarium by Audry Nicklin. This is part of the January knitalong at my LYS, fibre space. The first 4 sets of charts went quickly, but now it’s going so much slower… I’m using Skein Top Draw Sock (100% BFL) in the Pearl colorway on US4 needles. The cast on was a pain in the butt to do, but once I got it down, all was good. I don’t know how this will drape, but the color of the yarn and beads is PERFECT. Purchased the yarn on Saturday – and totally meets with the 2013 goal of being more purposeful in my yarn purchasing.
Nothing finished this week. *sigh*
I was good. No purchasing of yarn that was just pretty. The pretty yarn that came home with me had a purpose – and is being put to use. 🙂
What’s Making Me Happy
Yeah, you might be able to guess from the episode title. HOCKEY IS BACK!!! I’m not actively boycotting anything, but I’m still rather pissed that we had to through this at all. If I get a chance to go to a game downtown, I won’t say no (unless I’m working or teaching). I can say with certainty that starting January 19, I will be watching my team, wearing one of my jerseys. 🙂
Have a great week, everyone!
Hi! After the eleventy-billion tries at recording (okay, maybe just 5 or 6 times), I finally got it done. I haven’t really edited the video, so there could be issues, but I’m hoping there aren’t. I’m not sure I can take more technology issues. I’ve also tried a new lighting and seating set up, so let me know what you think.
It looks like when I put my mind to it – or just don’t enhance the stash all that much – I actually can record a video under 30 minutes! Yay! Show notes are sparce, but they are below:
Welcome to everyone who’s joined the Ravelry group this week!
- Owls sweater by Kate Davies. I’m into ball #3 and am about 1-2″ from separating the front and the back. I’m hoping to have that done and a sleeve started by next week! Still not alternating yarn – I’ve gotten really lucky. I’ll do it if I need to, but if not…
- Simple Stripey Socks, my own pattern. Knit out of Vesper Sock yarn in the “In The Wildwood” colorway. These have been pulled out of UFO status and upgraded to HO status (Half-finished Object, according to Katie at Knittin’ on the Fly, lol). I’m knitting these on 2 Addi Turbo Lace needles, 24″, in a US1 (2.5mm – Addi has odd numbers for their US1 and US2s). I knit the first one while teaching a couple toe up sock classes and put the toe down and haven’t gotten back to it. These will be on my feet by the end of the year.
- Buckingham Hat by Bobbi Intveld for Blue Sky Alpacas. Knit out of Blue Sky Alpacas Royal Alpaca Petites in the Antique Black colorway. (Wow, the pattern alone is $9?! I’m glad I got it with 2 balls of the yarn…) Knit on a 20″ Addi Turbo, US2 (3.0 mm). This is from the kit I got at the Yarn Garden in Carlisle last week. This will be a late birthday gift/early Christmas gift for the guy.
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks! Hooray! I actually finished these right after recording last week, and so wanted to wear them, but I saved them for the podcast. Now I can wear them tomorrow… if it’s cold enough. It’s been weirdly warm the last couple of days.
Scouting Report/New to the Queue
- I’m planning on knitting 4 monsters from The Big Book of Knitted Monsters by Rebecca Danger for 4 very special little guys.
What’s Making Me Happy
- A very big thank you to AnnetteK18 on Ravelry who gifted me a pattern this past week. Her RAOK made my day after a very stressful beginning to a week!
- Happy belated birthday to Renee, lipsral on Ravelry!
- Warby Parker glasses. I just ordered these! Love, love, love! I can’t wait to get these in my hands! (Or on my face…)
Have a great week!