Hey everyone, I just wanted to get this up so you can see it on the interwebz… I will work on getting show notes up later this evening. Thanks for your patience! 🙂 Y’all are the best!
Hi there! I hope you all have been well since we last talked. Things have been good, but busy here. Mother Nature is not cooperating with the knitting mojo – it’s been unseasonably warm here in the DC area this past week (temps of 70°?! Fahrenheit, that is.) and today it’s in the low 40’s with snow forecast for tomorrow. Eek! The lighting’s all funky in this one – sorry for that, but I don’t think it’ll be *too* distracting.
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
It’s December! Y’all know what that means… it’s time to draw for the November Socks, Socks, Socks prize! Congratulations to our winner! Hooray! Also, don’t forget the Fall Into Color KAL that’s going on – if you’re working on something that can be considered colorwork, submit it! The KAL is going until December 31…
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. It doesn’t look like any progress has been made, but there has been a little, I promise. I need to concentrate on this one for awhile, since it’s my Fall Into Color KAL project and it’s December…
- Level Up Socks by Heather Monroe Kinne. I love how these look, but the tiny cables are KILLING my hands, so these have been put to the side for just a little bit.
- Simple Stripey Socks by me. These continue to be my hockey knitting, purse knitting, Doctor Who knitting…
- Eugenia’s Mittens by Mollie Woodworth. So the first mitt, sans thumb, is done. The cables are what really started the pain in my hands and arms, so I’m giving them a rest for a bit. I love the mitten when it’s on my hand though. It’s going to be so warm and perfect.
- Seamless Salomas Slippers by Susan Busbee and Megan Williams. These are a bit of an experiment – to see if they work and if they fit (preferably not me, lol). Knit out of unknown worsted (I think it’s Fiberists, but I’m not sure.) on US6s.
I’ve finished the first two ounces of my Gourmet Stash Fibery Tribbles and am well into the second two ounces. Hopefully, I can get that done this week and can get started on the third two ounces. This is so gorgeous!!
What’s Making Me Happy
- Jennie the Potter (of the fabulous mug fame) is making silver knit-themed jewelry! I ordered the oval stockinette stitch printed earrings and LOVE them.
- My bestie is coming into town this week! SOSOSOSOSO happy about this.
Have a great week, everyone! I’ll see you next time!
Hello everyone! How have you been? It seems like it’s been an age since we last talked. We had a few days of fall and now winter has decided to hit us in the DC area (which means no snow and bitter cold – though not as cold as some). I’m recording from a different location today: my office.
- Hiro by Julia Farwell-Clay. Not a lot of progress has been made on this, mostly because I’m in the slog of one color now and it’s just not exciting. If I sat down to work on it, it wouldn’t take that long to knit the body… I need to concentrate on this one for awhile, since it’s my Fall Into Color KAL project!
- Level Up Socks by Heather Monroe Kinne. Knitting this out of Highland Handmades Sugar Maple Sock in the Old Appliances colorway on US1.5s. The cable is a bit fiddly, but I am knitting these without a cable needle – those just slow me down. I love how the pattern is showing up in the yarn – it just pops! I’m not a fan of short row heels, but Heather’s idea of adding a tiny gusset on the instep stitches is brilliant.
- Simple Stripey Socks by me. Knitting this out of Yarn vs. Zombies Haunted base in the Monster Movie Night colorway. These are so much fun! These have been my hockey knitting, purse knitting, Doctor Who knitting…
- Eugenia’s Mittens by Mollie Woodworth. After a beloved pair of mittens were felted, I decided I needed a new pair… of the same mittens. I grabbed a skein of madelinetosh Vintage left over from my Narragansett sweater and cast on. So far, so good – of course, I’m only in the first few rows of ribbing. Heh.
- Rose Needs a Hat by Jessica Cook. You never saw this one on the needles – it got cold and I decided that I needed a new hat… by the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who. (What? It’s totally Rose Tyler related. LOL) Knit out of Malabrigo Arroyo in the Pocion colorway on US5s.
Scouting Report: Stash Enhancement
- Socks that Rock Lightweight in Christmas Balls, Currier and Ives, and Black Magic.
- My 2 Crafty Girls shipment from Unwind Yarn Company in Hieroglyphics
- My final shipment in the Geek Treat yarn club from Yarn vs. Zombies (Doctor Who themed, natch) in the Silurian colorway.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas wedge bag from JessaLu.
What’s Making Me Happy
- The Doctor Who 50th Anniversary, naturally! I have spent the entire week and weekend geeking out over Doctor Who and I’ve loved it. 🙂
Have a great week, everyone! Have a happy Thanksgiving and I’ll see you all next time!