Hi, lovelies. Long time, no see, I know. Hopefully, there are still a few of you out there watching – if you’ve messaged me, talked to me, whatever, asking how I am and if I was ever going to podcast … Continue reading
Hi loves! I know it’s been forever since I last recorded – forgive me? Every time I tried to record, something would happen to stop me (usually a migraine, ugh). We’re back to about a 30 minute ramble today (thank … Continue reading
Hello everyone! I hope that you all had a good couple of weeks since we last talked! It’s been busy in my life, as usual – but the holiday weekend has provided me with ample opportunities to sleep in, so … Continue reading
Hello, loves. A happy Mothers Day to one and all today! I hope that you have some lovely things planned for today! Me, just recording, laundry, teaching, and hockey watching. 🙂 My dad and I gave Momma her gift yesterday… … Continue reading
Hello again, loves! Two podcasts in two weeks? What is this magic? I said that I was going to record again before MDSW, but then I realized that MDSW is next weekend! Where did the time fly? It’s looking like it’ll … Continue reading
Hello again, everyone! The title for today’s episode is more of a tongue-in-cheek, “hey, you did this a few weeks ago, you’re doing it again?” – LOL. There’s not too much to talk about today (just over 30 minutes worth of … Continue reading
Hello, loves! It’s been far too long. How can it actually be the end of March?!?! Yes, I know that I last recorded (and posted) at Thanksgiving – I didn’t mean to be away for so long. Thanks to all of you … Continue reading
Hello darlings! Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US – and if you’re going to be shopping the Black Friday sales, bless you. LOL! I’ve been busy since the last recording which hasn’t left a whole lot of time to knit, so this episode isn’t as long as the last couple. *sigh* (I’m sure that a few of you are out there saying “thank goodness!”. I totally understand, lol.)
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. Knit out of the Twelfth Doctor colorway from See Jayne Knit on US1.5s. Still working on the leg of this one. I’m hoping that with nothing else officially on the needles, that I’ll get this one finished soon!
- Sporthead Hat – based off the very popular Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure. This went fairly quickly once I got to the Stockinette, yay! I’ll need to write up my notes and post them on Rav. (I also need to make a project page…)
- Green Gables Shawl Kit from Little Skein in the Big Wool.
- 3 skeins of fingering weight yarn from GnomeAcres
- 2 skeins(?) from TurtlePurl Yarns
Have a great holiday, y’all! I’ll see you next time!
Keep knitting, spinning, crocheting, and stitching on!
Hi everyone! It’s been a hectic couple of weeks since the retreat, but I finally got some time to record! Warning for everyone: this is a long episode and I could only compress it so much. If you aren’t watching this on the blog or YouTube, it may take a while to download it. I’m sorry, I tried! (I’m glad I didn’t add the pictures in at the end… I’ll have to do that for another episode.)
What’s Happening Chez Sheepish?
A few things have happened since we last talked:
- We very quietly turned 2 at the end of October! Thank you all for all your love and support. Let’s see what this year brings!
- Because I’m a slacker and can’t get any packages out in any reasonable time, I’m not going to be doing the monthly giveaways anymore. I’ll get out what I have left and that will be it. It doesn’t mean there will never be prizes or that you won’t be able to share your stuff, I promise. I’ll make sure to start an FO thread so we can all still post. Join in there!
- Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. Knit out of the Twelfth Doctor colorway from See Jayne Knit on US1.5s. Still working my way down the leg of the second sock – I’ve moved it to a 32″ circular so I can magic loop it. Hopefully that will speed things up a bit!
- Sporthead Hat – based off the very popular Sockhead Hat by Kelly McClure. I’ve done some math, new numbers, and gauge tests to make my sport-weight Miss Babs Yummy work for this. I love how it’s coming out, but I think it’s getting a bit long now, especially since I’ll never wear it with the brim turned up. Though this may become a present… I think that I’ll still hold off, though. The Yummy has 335 yds compared to sock yarn skeins of 400+ yds. I definitely don’t want to run out! Plus doing this has sparked a design in my head…
- Hobbledehoy battlings in the “Flight of the TARDIS” colorway. I got 6 oz of therm and have mostly two plied them together. I love how it looks. I still need to skein it up and give it a bath before I’ll call it finished. 🙂
- July Socky Socks! I finished these on the trip back from Maine. Really, they were finished in the first few hours of that trip. Yay!
There really is too much to list at this hour… I’ll have to go back and update this when I’m better rested. 🙂 Let’s just say there was a lot of it!
What’s Making Me Happy
I almost didn’t do this segment since I was running so long. I did and that added a whole bunch of time onto the recording! 😉 Suffice it to say: Highlands on the Fly ’14, YAY that it happened and boo that it’s over; Caps, yay for the game against Chicago (and tonight against the Canes as well); Yay for the prospect of more yarny related trips/friends/acquisitions; Yay for new knitting related Swatch watch!
I’ll see you next time. Have a great week!
Keep knitting, spinning, crocheting, and stitching on!
I’m not even going to lie to you about show notes this week. 🙂 I wanted to get a quick episode up before Michelle and I leave for Highlands on the Fly in Millinocket, Maine tomorrow – I’m finally packed and almost ready to go. We need to pick up the rental car and load it up tonight before getting on the road early!
I might do a few travel episodes – if so, they will be short .
I’ll see you on the flip side, loves!